If you are a location that houses a lot of people rotating in and out, it is just a matter of time before bed bugs are present. Treating the property yourself with Greenbug saves you time and money!
Bed Bug Infestation Treament for hotel, dorm, apartment complex or other lodging
1 Greenbug Concentrate, one gallon
1 Greenbug People/Pets, one gallon
1 Greenbug People/Pets, one quart
1 Greenbug Ready-to-Use, one quart
1 Greenbug NIOSH Approved Bandit Respirator
1 Greenbug Non-Vented Clear Safety Goggles
1 Greenbug Ultra-Low Volume Fogger
In addition, you will need:
- A vacuum cleaner
- Respirator and Goggles for each person involved in the treatment
- 1 quart of Greenbug for People/Pets per 1000 sq. ft. of treatment (bundle package will treat up to 4000 sq. ft.)
- Vacuum entire area thoroughly. Vacuum the surfaces of bedding, upholstered furniture, drapes and rugs as possible. Pull furniture from existing locations to vacuum underneath. Pay special care to the corners and areas where carpet abuts a wall.
- If relevant, wash linens, bedding and affected belongings using the hottest possible settings in the washer and dryer. Add ¼ cup of Greenbug Ready to Use or properly diluted Greenbug Concentrate to the fabric softener cycle.
- Prior to treatment, turn off all pilot lights. Turn off smoke alarms and alert security system monitoring companies as the fog can trigger smoke alarms.
- Remove pets/animals and plants from area to be fogged and do not re-introduce until all fog is gone.
- Remove all switch plates and outlet covers.
- Pull furniture and artwork away from the walls. Separate mattress and box springs and set each on the side to access all surfaces of mattress and box springs.
- If needed, remove the protective under cloth from box springs in order to treat.
- Turn the dial on the fogger to the smallest droplet size output. This allows the Greenbug for People/Pets to penetrate more easily.
- Fog the area using the Greenbug Fogger and Greenbug for People/Pets (1 quart per 1000 square feet of coverage) using the smallest droplet setting on the fogger. All involved must use a respirator (not face mask) and goggles.
- Beginning at the far side of each room, aim the fogger directly at all potential hiding spots – behind draperies, under and behind furniture, bed frames, mattresses, box springs, rugs, curtains, stuffed animals, pillows, etc. Direct the fog into corners, cracks and crevices using sweeping motions back and forth. Make sure the mist falls evenly and penetrates thoroughly. Pry fabric apart, blast up under and into upholstered furniture, fog all nooks and crannies as you move your way out of the room.
- Exit room and close door. It may help to stuff a towel at the base of the door to keep fog contained.
- If treating an entire structure, it is wise to treat the HVAC duct work as well. Take out the filter to the HVAC unit. Turn the system to ‘Fan’ and ‘On’ so that there is air circulation. Direct the fogger into the intake vent to make sure fog moves throughout the duct work. As soon as you witness fog coming out of the vents, the duct work treatment is done and you may turn off the fan.
- Allow the fog to penetrate a minimum of 4 hours to overnight. Upon returning, wear the respirator and goggles if any fog remains. Air out the areas that have been fogged by opening windows, using fans, and/or by running the HVAC to circulate the air. Clean the room as usual and you can inhabit immediately after the fog has dissipated.
- You can also purchase heavy duty, black construction garbage bags and place belongings inside the bag(s) and fog inside the bags with Greenbug for People/Pets. Seal the bags tightly, shake to distribute the Greenbug for People/Pets fog vapor throughout the contents, and keep sealed for at least 3 days.
- Treatment can be repeated after 4 hours. Depending on the severity of the infestation, multiple treatments may be necessary. The more thorough the fogging effort, the better the results. Setting the fogger in the middle of the room and hoping it gets to the hiding spots will not be successful.
- Smooth surfaces (hardwood floors, countertops, tile floors, etc.) may be slick after fogging treatment so exercise caution upon re-entry. These surfaces may require normal cleaning. Textile items (fabric, carpet, draperies, upholstery, etc.) will not need cleaning and it is suggested to not vacuum for a few days to allow the Greenbug for People/Pets to maintain a barrier control.
- After treatment, lightly spray the vacuum hose and canister with Greenbug for People/Pets to control any bed bugs or eggs within the vacuum cleaner.