Mites are invisible, microscopic biters that cause sensations of itching, crawling and biting although you 'see' nothing. They cause unexplained itching with no bugs present. They often come from rodents or birds and use humans as a host only as a last resort. They are more active at night, can disrupt your sleep and can affect some in a household but not all. The bites cause itching and swelling with no apparent cause - but you're not going crazy! You've come to the right place as Greenbug controls Mites.
Be sure to perform the Greenbug Three Day Trial in advance to determine if you have Mites.
Mites Infestation Treatment
1 Greenbug NIOSH Approved Bandit Respirator
1 Greenbug Non-Vented Clear Safety Goggles
1 Greenbug Ultra-Low Volume Fogger
1 Greenbug Concentrate, one quart
1 Greenbug for People/Pets, 2 ounce bottle
1 Greenbug People/Pets, one gallon
1 Greenbug People/Pets, one quart
In addition, you will need:
- A vacuum cleaner
- Greenbug Respirator and Greenbug Safety Goggles for each person involved in the treatment
- 1 quart of Greenbug for People/Pets per 1000 sq. ft. of treatment (bundle package will treat up to 4000 sq. ft.)
- Vacuum entire area thoroughly. Vacuum the surfaces of bedding, upholstered furniture, drapes and rugs as possible. Pull furniture from existing locations to vacuum underneath. Pay special care to the corners and areas where carpet abuts a wall.
- Wash linens and bedding using the hottest possible settings in the washer and dryer. Add ¼ cup of Greenbug Ready to Use to the fabric softener cycle.
- Prior to treatment, turn off all pilot lights. Turn off smoke alarms and alert security system monitoring companies as the fog can trigger smoke alarms. Remove all animals/pets and plants from areas to be fogged.
- Remove all switch plates and outlet covers.
- Pull furniture and artwork away from the walls. Separate mattress and box springs and set each on the side to access all surfaces of mattress and box springs.
- If needed, remove the protective under cloth from box springs in order to treat.
- Fog the area using the Greenbug Fogger and Greenbug for People/Pets (1 quart per 1000 square feet of coverage) using the smallest droplet setting on the fogger. All involved must use a respirator (not face mask) and goggles.
- Beginning at the far side of each room, aim the fogger directly at all potential hiding spots – behind draperies, under and behind furniture, bed frames, mattresses, box springs, rugs, curtains, stuffed animals, pillows, etc. Make sure the mist falls evenly and penetrates thoroughly. Pry fabric apart, blast up under and into upholstered furniture, fog all nooks and crannies as you move your way out of the room.
- Pay special attention to furniture where you experience unexplained itching and sensations of crawling. Perhaps treat these pieces of furniture in the room first and re-treat again before leaving.
- If treating an entire home, it is wise to treat the HVAC duct work as well. Take out the filter to the HVAC unit. Turn the system to ‘Fan’ and ‘On’ so that there is air circulation. Direct the fogger into the intake vent to make sure fog moves throughout the duct work. As soon as you witness fog coming out of the vents, the duct work treatment is done and you may turn off the fan.
- Allow the fog to penetrate a minimum of 4 hours. Upon returning, wear the respirator and goggles if any fog remains. Air out the areas that have been fogged by opening windows, using fans, and/or by running the HVAC to circulate the air. Clean the room as usual and inhabit immediately after the fog has dissipated.
- You can also purchase heavy duty, black construction garbage bags and place new purchases inside the bag(s) and spray inside the bags with Greenbug for People/Pets. Seal the bags tightly and do not open for at least 3 days.
- Mites may have easily spread to your car(s) and they benefit from several fogging treatment as well. The most effective car fogging treatment for mites is done by sitting in the passenger seat for the first treatment, sitting behind the driver’s seat for the second treatment and rotating through the seats until success. Roll up windows prior to fogging a car. Make sure you treat the trunk, child seats, under the seats, the glove box, etc. If possible, set the car in direct sun after treating.
- After treatment, lightly spray the vacuum hose and canister with Greenbug for People/Pets to control any mites or eggs within the vacuum cleaner.
- Additional quarts or gallons of Greenbug for People/Pets may be necessary to perform as many treatments as needed.
- Please note: There is no guarantee on a Mite Treatment outcome as we are not able to firmly identify Mites as the source of the problems. There are other circumstances that mimic Mites that Greenbug is not effective in treating.