How to Prevent Bed Bugs
How can you pevent Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs were once thought to be gone. Forever. But they are back and with a vengeance. The primary reason is that the traditional pesticides that have been used to control them no longer work. They have become resistant to these man-made, synthetic chemicals and the bed bugs are now referred to as Super Bed Bugs.
How can we deal with this? Simple! Find a solution that is all natural and the bed bugs cannot become resistant. If Nature made it, it will work - always. If Man made it, there is a shelf life.
Which is exactly why Greenbug products are so effective in dealing with bed bugs. They are made of ingredients from Nature – not developed in a scientific laboratory. The active ingredient is cedar – just like cedar chests and closets where you never see a bug.
There are two ways of controlling Bed Bugs - Prevention and Treatment.
A treatment is when you have an infestation. An infestation of bed bugs is considered with a visual sighting of more than 1 adult bed bug and/or visual evidence of bed bugs in more than 2 locations within the home. Sounds like a low bar for a definition of infestation but there are reasons for that. Two in the open means many more hiding. Besides, left unchecked, two adult bed bugs can become 4000 in just over a month!
As for the evidence, it can be small streaks of blood on the mattress, dots of bed bug poop, or any evidence of casings as they molt their exoskeleton to grow. Two is the quantifier because some of this evidence may be old – so at least 2 samples would mean multiple blood suckers in the area.
Prevention is doing what you can do to avoid an infestation. In other words, do not bring them into your home. You may ask, "How can I avoid bringing home bed bugs?" Most people with bed bug infestations have absolutely NO IDEA where they came from! Greenbug controls Bed Bugs so we will be discussing prevention here.
Bed Bug Prevention
Prior to entering a vulnerable location such as a hotel room, public transportation, a public seating area (theater), doctor’s office, school or even if visiting relatives.
- Lightly spray Greenbug for People/Pets directly on your person and clothing. Please note there is no staining or residue and will dry clear.
- Lightly spray Greenbug for People/Pets directly on luggage and belongings.
- If staying in a hotel room, thoroughly inspect ALL layers of bed linens and lightly spray with Greenbug for People/Pets – down to the mattress - then under/behind the headboard and the artwork above the bed.
- Spray yourself, luggage & belongings with Greenbug for People/Pets before traveling home.
- Before entering home, lightly spray yourself and clothing with Greenbug for People/Pets.
- If you suspect you have been exposed to bed bugs, you may place your clothes in an unused garbage bag that has been sprayed inside with Greenbug for People/Pets. Seal the bag tightly and wait three days before opening.
- Please note the 2-ounce Greenbug for People/Pets bottle is intentionally small enough to pass through airport security for extra protection while traveling.
- Thoroughly inspect all new purchases of clothing, furniture, decorative pillows, imported purchases for bed bugs and lightly spray with Greenbug for People/Pets. This is especially important when items are purchased second hand, via thrift stores or at garage/yard sales.